« Home | Blah » | Randomness For You » | We're In » | Brief Update » | In case you hadn't known already... » | Our Fun Weekend » | Hello, we're alive... » | Life is Nuts! » | Hello... » | News Update »

The Joys of Softball

We've been playing with our church's softball team in a local league (mixture of other churches, schools and organizations) for about 4 weeks now. It's been extremely challenging and fun because not only has our team improved tremendously in performance since we first formed our team a year ago, but we've been playing some great teams this season that have been giving us challenging competition and play. And we've been blessed with pretty much an injury-free season thus far.

However, I'm home today resting from a rather painful night. We played twice yesterday--with an hour in between for rest and potty break. And both times were against 2 different teams. For some strange reason it was like as if I had a bullseye target plastered on me that read "HIT ME! HIT ME". By the end of the night I had collected a fair amount of injuries: a bruised rib (this was the best one--got hit straight on the side when running onto 1st base), a bump on top of my head (from the softball that fell right on my head--again while I ran onto 1st base), a bruised shin and a sore knee (these 2 were combinations from a rough encounter I had with the catcher running onto 3rd base). Of course I wasn't the only one who got hurt. Rob got a lovely, multi-colored bruise on his thigh while trying to catch a fast ball while Josue got a nice injury as well. But somehow I feel was still the targeted one. Gotta love that.

*By the way, we lost the first game but won the other. Not bad.

Yikes Debbie! You better take care of yourself and rest up today! Might I suggest a full body, padded suit for the next game?

i say we all post pics of our nice injuries. i'm sure macey has a couple as well from getting run over.

Haha...I just might have to do that next Thursday, Jen!

Let's do it, Rob! I'm going to try and take the picture of my rib injury without being too, you know, 'explicit'...haha!

Awww...the good times of softball! I've just started filling in on a softball team that some of my friends are playing on. They needed more girls, so I told them I'd finish out the season with them. Luckily, no injuries yet...but I've only played in two games thus far.

Where do you play? Dallas? We play in Hurst.

What the heck!

Quit getting hurt! :)

Deb you are so cute and I miss living on the hall with you!! so here's a question how do i add freidns to my blog like you have in your fellow treehouse climbers section??? i'm still learning!

Glad to see you were moving around on Sunday. Rest up since we have two more games this week! : )

Post a Comment