« Home | Silence For A Week » | More Pictures of Home » | This is the Tambun Hot Springs. Yet another place ... » | This is a Buddhist temple built and situated in a ... » | I've been reminiscing about home lately. I'm reall... » | The Japanese Garden. You know, I've never been the... » | Ipoh's train station, one of the city's famous lan... » | This is the Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corpora... » | 6 Months Married!! » | The MTV Mess »

Wonder Voyage 2005

I feel like I've been gone for too long. Feelings of exhaustion and soreness overwhelm my body, but nothing beats the inner feelings of much happiness and spiritual fulfilment that overflows from within. I've come home with much wonderful stories and insights to share, but talking about them or writing about them won't ever measure up to the real-life experience itself. You'd have to be there in person to get the picture.

15 kids, one senior minister, one Hispanic preacher, one youth intern and 2 young adults--what a great combination! If we hadn't come back with anything else, at least we returned knowing that we had bonded emotionally and spiritually from the very beginning. Living in one big house with only 1 bathroom would have been a huge factor. More than that, the activities that we did together were challenging but very productive in every sense of the word. We had gone through each day not knowing what to expect except to trust the Wonder Voyage leaders and their plans for us. During that process, each of our lives were touched in some sort of way, and our perspectives changed. Above all, the Lord was glorified through our acts of services towards others in the New Orleans community. From doing landscaping and cleaning, to tearing down a building under the scorching hot sun, to talking to people in a poor community downtown, we were the 'relentless pilgrims'. We went there as a team with that theme, and returned knowing that we had lived up to it all week. The kids had personally inspired me with their enthusiasm for the Lord and His people, among other things, and I now have a greater sense of respect for my preachers whom I have gotten to know closer and better.

You may check out the pictures here. And by clicking on the title of this blog, you may also learn more about Wonder Voyage. Do feel free to ask me more about my trip at any point. I'd love to tell you more!

I'm glad you had such a great time! Glad to have you back in the blogging world. :D

It's so awesome you had that experience. I love those once in a while experiences that are just so absolutely renewing and refreshing that's a building block in life.

Okay Debster, I already had my three people but you are a cool cat so here are your questions :)

1. How many kids do you want, and when are you going to start trying?

2. What is your favorite thing about yourself?

3. Name THE Malaysian food that you miss the MOST. (You can only pick one.)

4. Describe everything that is on your bedroom floor right now. (Not including big items of furniture.)

5. What do you want to be when you grow up?

:) Have fun!

Okay, that picture 58, where Katy is holding up a balloon heart- was that the same guy who made Melissa a flower?!?!?

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

No Zach, it wasn't the guy by the cafe. This was actually a couple whom we found who were hanging out by St. Louis Cathedral.

Post a Comment