« Home | Empty » | 'Tis the season of blessings and love » | Star Wars » | This is too much work! » | Try Out »

Smelling the pot roast..mmm....

The roast is in the pot, Josue is on the phone, we're listening to the radio (well, muted for now since Josue is on the phone) and I'm feeling bored...my goodness, I almost feel guilty for being bored. His work is going a little slower than usual today, therefore no need for my help. I've cleaned the kitchen 10 times over in the meantime and dinner is practically done 'cuz all it needs now is to be left alone for the next 3 hours or so. It's a challenge for me to be in this manner 'cuz I'm usually busy. I wish I could work! Ugh...

While I was cooking earlier, I was reminded at the fact of how blessed Josue and I have been. As typical newlyweds, we are being challenged trying to budget our finances at home. My not being able to work has changed things around a little bit. And while Josue is really hardworking in his business, we are aware that it has its good days and bad days. Being typical of myself, I tend to worry more than I should be. Go figure! But the Lord reminded me while I was working around in the kitchen this afternoon that He continues and will continue to provide. It's funny how our fridge and pantry has yet to run out of food despite the fact that we haven't done grocery shopping in forever. Man, we are much better off than many people out there who have to live day-by-day without knowing the fact if they can even have a meal. We are far more blessed than many--who am I to even complain?! =)

Enjoy the beautiful and sunny day out there (at least for those of us who are here in Dallas today), throw a frisbee, play soccer or even just sit and read, and admire God's creation--for all of His majestic beauty--and remember that He provides. Yea!!

Ok, that was my sappy moment for the day, don't mind me. =)