« Home | Time Change » | Check out these ducks that somehow wandered and hu... » | The Birthday Boy (or young man, really) » | My Monday » | Our Easter weekend » | Bye Bye Mini!! » | Tuesday Night Dinner » | My 1st Blood Donation Experience » | The Bible Code--My Question for the Day » | Improvement to the Treehouse »

Blah blah blah

Yikes, I haven't updated my blog in almost a week. I've been rather busy with various different things. Josue's work has been busy, and I'm learning more and more by working alongside him at home. I finally know how to work the system where I can find and get quotes for customers. So in case any of you want any insurance, ask me and I can give you an estimate! Hehe...Apart from that, today I went to Skillman and volunteered to help Nathan (our worship minister) with preparation for Sunday worship. Since last Wednesday, I've been going once a week to help take off some of his load. I get the music ready for the worship team and also prepare handouts for the main service. I do a little bit of the PowerPoint, but that's mainly Nathan's responsibility. I can be so computer-illiterate sometimes that it's not even funny. Ugh, definitely need to work on that. Ok, hmm, let's see what else I've been accomplishing...oh yeah, being a 'typical' housewife, I guess. I've been trying new recipes that I get from the Food Network and making Josue my guinea pig. So far so good though, he seems to like everything that I've made. Either that or he's not telling me that he doesn't like it for fear he'd hurt my feelings....Nah, I know he enjoys my cooking, and when it isn't good, he usually tells me anyway. =)

This is a little bit of a last minute plan, but we're leaving to go home to Brownsville on Friday morning through the weekend. It's going to be my father-in-law's birthday and we plan to surprise him with this trip. We've not been back home since our wedding there in December, so we're definitely looking forward to seeing everyone. Pray for a safe trip. While there, we plan to move Josue's parents' couch set up to our apartment here in Dallas. Apparently it's going to be ours from now on, thus replacing our current old couch that absolutely needs to go to the dumpster pretty soon. It has treated Josue well through his college years at ACU, but time for it to go. Anyway, that's our travel plan this weekend. The NEXT weekend we travel again, this time to New Orleans with our friends to visit our college buddy Jeremy and his parents and have a crawfish boil there. I'm personally SO excited about the trip because I love N.O. and have not been there in quite awhile. Plus, we're going with a bunch of our closest college friends who mean the world to us. 5 of us plan to drive down together from here, so that should be fab-fun too. Wow, I can't wait!!!

Ok, this entry has been long and random. Peace out and goodnite...