« Home | Our Easter weekend » | Bye Bye Mini!! » | Tuesday Night Dinner » | My 1st Blood Donation Experience » | The Bible Code--My Question for the Day » | Improvement to the Treehouse » | Little joy » | Oh by the way, Happy St Patty's Day!!! » | Smelling the pot roast..mmm.... » | Empty »

My Monday

I've felt like it's been a rather long day. Josue's eldest brother Hector and his wife Nelly came over for lunch with us. So I spent quite a bit of time this morning in the kitchen to prepare a rather elaborate meal. I really wanted to impress them! =) While preparing lunch I got the shocking news that Indonesia had experienced yet another earthquake around the same area as the Dec 26 quake that caused the huge tsunami. It was strange because I started getting a little edgy about the whole situation for fear that we were going to experience the same horror all over again. Furthermore I panicked a little more when CNN said that Malaysia and Singapore even felt the quake 300 miles away. I said a quick prayer while I watched CNN and followed up on the situation. At first nobody knew what was going on, even CNN didn't have much information or any sort of live footage on anything. It was rather frustrating, but slowly everything became more obvious. There wasn't any major tsunami as a result of the quake, which was of course good news to everyone. But the quake itself has killed at least 300 people while injuring countless others and the death toll continues to rise as I write this. That is still very devastating.

Ok, well back to the lunch. It was a success and we all had a good time visiting together. Josue and I particularly enjoyed playing with our 7 month-old niece Miranda. She is extremely adorable! We were trying to get her to start crawling and such, and she did try a few times while her proud parents struck out their digital camera with the hope of getting pictures of this historical milestone of Miranda's young life. Note the key word: TRY. She had much rather roll around on her side, but oh well, it was worth the shot and she was still very cute regardless. Later on, I brought out a cake/pie that I made for Josue so that we could all celebrate his 24th birthday together. It's one day early, but I thought it'd be a good time to do it with part of his family. (Click on the title to get a view of a picture!) There will be more celebration tomorrow! More to come later...