« Home | Arena Football » | Just A Little Bit » | Still Alive » | Softball Season » | No Words, Just Pictures » | Pictures From The Week » | The birthday boy The Villarreal brothers (from le... » | Our adorable little niece, Miranda. Check out tha... » | Update » | 1st Blog Birthday »

Cinco de Mayo

Happy Belated Cinco de Mayo everyone! We had a fiesta last night with 16 of our friends who gladly came over, squeezed in our small apartment and had a grand 'ol time together. The night was complete with Latin music playing in the background, everyone dressed in something with the colors of green, white or red, chips and salsa, grilled fajita (meat, chicken and ribs) and the 'fixin's', drinks and wine, dessert, chit-chatting and lots of funny stories to tell. Needless to say, we had a blast. It's always a joy and blessing to entertain our friends at our home and to share in great company and friendship through food and fellowship. I'm sure there will be more to come of such parties and gatherings!

After the party last night, I got to spend an hour over the phone with my parents, mainly talking to my mom. The excitement continues to kick in as August starts rolling around. That's when my parents plan to come here to visit us. I havent' seen them since Dec. 2004 and I cannot wait to be with them again. I know many of you reading this might also have the opportunity to meet them then for the first time (in case you haven't met them already), and somehow that is exciting for me too. I've been talking and bragging so much about them that it will truly be a special moment when people finally meet this wonderful couple and get to know them for themselves.

WHOA you changed your template! I like. :)

I'm glad your parents get to come! Mine are here right now and it's been a blast. My kids just loooooove them. And did I mention the free babysitting? hehehe. :)

Yeah, I'm sure your kids are being spoiled rotten by the grandparents. :) I guess I won't find out about the free babysitting part until I have kids of my own.

Wow, has it really been that long?!? I thought they came sometime last year after the wedding.

Maybe they just came to see me! Ouch.

Yeah, you're right Zach. But the wedding wasn't last year, it was 2004. :)

Post a Comment