« Home | 1st Blog Birthday » | My Super Dad » | FOUR » | Winter Wonderland » | The Ugly Truth About Me » | The Villarreal's Update » | What Am I Defined As? » | Greetings from Chicago! » | Happy Early Birthday Tim! » | Happy Chinese New Year! »

Update

Sorry it's been more than a week since I last posted. A lot going on around here. Busy with the insurance business as usual, but in between that we've been having family around. My brother and his wife came to visit Sunday and stayed through Wednesday. We celebrated the Persian New Year (my sis-in-law is half Iranian) with a huge Persian feast, went shopping, ate out, and just had a blast together. Today, Josue's youngest brother Ernesto and his girlfriend arrived in from Abilene. Tomorrow we're expecting my mother-in-law from Brownsville and older brother Hector and his family from Mexico. Crazy weekend!

- - - - - - - - - - -

Watched the movie "The Constant Gardener" last night with our friends Bryan and Tracy. Brilliantly made and no wonder it was nominated for the Oscars. It portrayed parts of Africa in all of its beauty and wonders, and also of its ugliness and reality. Highly recommended.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Have been baking all day in preparation of tomorrow's family reunion/birthday bash for Josue and Ernesto. Always heard of the term 'the cake collapsing', but today I think I finally understand it. I might have to go out to get a store-bought cake at the last minute tomorrow. :(

- - - - - - - - - - -

I tore one of my contact lenses last week. So I'm back to glasses all this week, and frankly it's been irritating. I'm not used to having something on my face constantly, and I feel restricted. Oh well, just have to wait for my new ones to come in--all the way from Malaysia where my original prescriptions are!

- - - - - - - - - - -

We're starting back with the churches' softball league this spring. The team had its first practice last night, and we start playing in April. Hopefully we won't lose so bad this season!

'Til my next blog entry, have a great weekend everyone!