« Home | FOUR » | Winter Wonderland » | The Ugly Truth About Me » | The Villarreal's Update » | What Am I Defined As? » | Greetings from Chicago! » | Happy Early Birthday Tim! » | Happy Chinese New Year! » | Guess What I Did Yesterday?? » | 27 Is Just A Number »

My Super Dad


3 weeks ago, my parents went on their long-awaited trip to Hong Kong and Mainland China. 2 days after they got there, my dad ran the Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon; not the half, but the entire full marathon (42.195 km/26.218 miles). 58 years old and still going strong, he completed the run in 3 hours 54 minutes. He even beat many of his fellow running mates (those from Malaysia who ran with him in Hong Kong), and they were much younger than him. Yup, that's my super dad on the right in the picture.

I've yet to meet anyone who runs like him--especially at his age. He's been running all his life, and that's one of his greatest achievements (among others, of course). Unfortunately, my brother and I never inherited that gift from him. Thankfully he never expected us to. :)

My dad has run many marathons before, mostly half-marathons (and the 1 or 2 triathlons in between!). This was one of the few full-marathons he has ever done, and it's been his best yet. It just seems like the older he gets, the faster he becomes! I'm extremely proud of him, even if he wasn't running so well. The fact that he's still active and running at his age is highly impressive to me. Way to go, Dad! You're the champ!

It's cool what he's doing. It'll keep him healthy for a long time. He looks sort of like a pro runner in that pic.

Post a Comment