« Home | Yet Another Countdown » | Counting Down » | My New Bestfriend » | Texas is THE Champion! » | Getting Back to Normal » | Greetings from Brownsville » | Season Greetings! » | 'Tis The Season » | I've Been Spoilt » | Happy First Anniversary!! »

27 Is Just A Number

The kickoff to my 27th year has been fab! My birthday was celebrated 3 times, which is probably the most I've ever had. The first was on Monday night during Life Group. We were at the home of the Whatley's and after our time together we celebrated 3 birthdays: 2 from December and mine for the month January. That was really fun. Then on Tuesday when Tim hosted Tuesday Night Dinner at his apartment (with an out-of-this-world, fantastic gourmet dinner), the ACU gang celebrated with me--complete with a cake, the birthday song and fun party stuff.

Yesterday was THE day. Josue went off to the office as usual early in the morning, and shortly after my parents called me from Malaysia. We talked for a short while, but it was a lovely start to my day. Josue came home a little after lunch time, a lot earlier than usual since he wanted to spend the rest of the afternoon with me. Needless to say, I was glad to have him home. (He's been working a lot lately at the office and doesn't come home till late.) By the way, Jeremy also called me and sang the entire birthday song for me over the phone!! That was sweet. Anyway, we went to play tennis some, came home, showered and later he took me out to dinner. We went to have Thai food at our new favourite place, Bangkok City. I had no clue what was lying ahead for the rest of the evening. After dinner, we dropped by Best Buy (he was trying to kill time) and then we came back to the apartment. I walked in, and "SURPRISE!!"...there were people in my apartment!! Familiar faces from church and such. Wow, I was shocked and blown away. It was an awesome feeling. I think my last surprise birthday party was during my freshmen year at ACU, so it's been awhile since!

My surprised reaction

They got me my most fave cake: a cheesecake!!

Yea for so many candles!!

The group got me a cool gift too (from our wedding registry)

Needless to say, in 3 days I had 3 celebrations, 3 cakes (Monday's german chocolate cake, Tuesday's chocolate cake with chocolate icing, and Wednesday's cheesecake) and 3 times the love!! And most of the people who came to my surprise party last night had already celebrated with me once before, either on Monday or Tuesday (come to think of it, Zach did it 3 times straight)! The fact that they did this twice or three times over makes me feel absolutely special and loved. I couldn't have asked for more. A special shoutout goes to: Zach, Melissa, Tim, Laura, Adam, Candice, Rob, Melanie, Morgan, Robert, Alys, Summer, Renee, and of course, to my sweet and amazing hubby Josue who put last night's terrific bash together. Thank you all for making my birthday extra special with your presence and your well-wishes. You're my 'family away from family' and I feel truly blessed to have you in my life. I love you all!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY. . .late. . .sorry. Glad you had a great one! ;)

I have a question - where did you get the dates and times for malaysia on your blog? i want to put that on mine but I don't know where to get it at!!!

Kyna, I just 'cut and paste' it from someone else's blog. Just go up to 'view' of your browser, then 'source' and scroll down until after 'the archive' part. I hope this helps. If not, let me know.

It didn't work!! :(

Glad your 27th was so wonderful! I didn't realize our birthday's are so close... I turned 27 on the 14th. Only this year, we got on a plane to Taipei on the 13th and arrived on the 15th. So I didn't really have a Jan. 14th. But I also got 3 different birthday celebrations. Isn't it fun to be celebrated so much??? (= Happy birthday (late!).

-Jessica

Post a Comment