« Home | Counting Down » | My New Bestfriend » | Texas is THE Champion! » | Getting Back to Normal » | Greetings from Brownsville » | Season Greetings! » | 'Tis The Season » | I've Been Spoilt » | Happy First Anniversary!! » | Thanksgiving In A Nut Shell »

Yet Another Countdown

I'm so excited, I'm so anxious, I can't wait anymore. Exactly 3 weeks from today, my cool hubby and I will be flying up to Chicago for a 5-day vacation. Why the trip? There are many reasons as to why we're taking this trip at a random time of the year, but there are mainly 2:

Reason 1: Our "honeymoon" back in December 2004 lasted only 3 days in San Francisco before we had to rush back for my brother's wedding in Abilene. The trip was lovely but it was also a rush at the same time. I don't think it really counted as a "honeymoon". :)

Reason 2: Jeremy keeps asking all of us here in Dallas to go visit him in Chicago. Looks like we will afterall.

Of course, we also hear that Chicago is a beautiful city. We want to see that for ourselves. So this begins yet another countdown (not forgetting my birthday countdown too!). How exciting!

though i dont want to disappoint you....chi-town won't look like that picture..most of the green is pretty much brown. :( but we'll have fun!

OOoooh how fun! Enjoy! I'll stay here and try not to be jealous. :)

Debbie you are going to love Chicago. We went there a couple of years ago and had so much fun. Be sure you do all the touristy things! Ride the ferris wheel on the pier, go up the Sears tower, go to the Field Museum (it is really cool) and go shopping on Michigan Ave!!!

Chicago's one of my favorite cities. I might be the only person to tell you this, but make sure you drive down Lakeshore Avenue, the road that separates downtown Chicago from Lake Michigan. It's amazing to look to your left and see the sights and lights of downtown Chicago and look to your right and see the expansiveness of Lake Michigan.

Jacquie and Jeremiah, thanks for all those cool suggestions. It helps when someone else has gone and recommends to do specific things. Afterall, we have limited time there, so we definitely want to make our time worthwhile! :)

Post a Comment