« Home | Happy First Anniversary!! » | Thanksgiving In A Nut Shell » | The Day After » | Christmas Before Thanksgiving? » | 10 Reasons Why Deb Thinks She's Boyish... » | Football (NOT American 'Football') Fever » | Sisterhood of the Malaysian Pants » | More Pictures » | And The Winner Is... » | Little Bit of This & That »

I've Been Spoilt


It's been such an incredible weekend. I've had such a blast celebrating our 1st wedding anniversary with my sweet hubby. After church on Sunday, we had a quiet lunch at home eating homemade tamales (they were SO good), watched the Dallas Cowboys play on TV and then Josue brought me out shopping.

That evening was kind of special too, in my opinion. We were only going to have our 'official' anniversary dinner on Monday, so that Sunday evening was spent going to the store to get much-needed groceries instead. That's usually one of my favourite things to do with Josue. So it meant a lot to me that we both went to Super Wal-Mart together. :)

Monday evening came along and the evening was spectecular as well. Josue surprised me with a dozen of beautiful roses and brought me to Maguire's M Grill & Tap. It was our first experience being there, so we were open to whatever that came our way. The environment wasn't as 'romantic' as we thought it would be, but the overall service was very good and we enjoyed the dishes we ordered tremendously. (I would recommend this place to you.)

I guess the only thing missing from this weekend was supposedly the 1st anniversary 'tradition'--eating the wedding cake frozen from the wedding day a year ago. To us, that just sounds rather gross to begin with. Moreover, we don't have the cake with us. It's back in Brownsville with my mother-in-law. Frankly, we don't feel too bad missing out on this. It was still a wonderful weekend, regardless!

I agree that frozen wedding cake is gross! We didn't eat ours either.

I'm glad you had such a wonderful weekend!

Post a Comment