« Home | 10 Reasons Why Deb Thinks She's Boyish... » | Football (NOT American 'Football') Fever » | Sisterhood of the Malaysian Pants » | More Pictures » | And The Winner Is... » | Little Bit of This & That » | DESPERATE!! » | Where Has Everything Gone? » | I Need Help » | Getting Back Into The Groove »

Christmas Before Thanksgiving?


Check out our Christmas tree! Some of you have made fun of us for that because Thanksgiving hasn't even come around yet and we've had the tree up since Oct. 31st! Josue and I wanted to start off our own little 'tradition' by breaking the tradition, so we went for it. In fact, we've already finished most of our Christmas shopping for our families, so the presents under the tree aren't fake, empty decorative boxes at all. I love having the tree up. It really feels like Christmas in our apartment, it's great!

We'll be going to Abilene EARLY Wednesday morning (we leave at around 4:30 am) and spending Thanksgiving with my brother Aaron and my sis-in-law Elizabeth. Haven't seen them since August, so I can't wait. Happy Turkey Day, happy eating and safe travels to all!

I'm SO jealous! your tree looks great, esp. w/ all the presents under it. i've been dying to get our decorations out, but can't find the time...maybe this weekend.

Ooh it looks so Christmassy! :) Is it a real tree or fake? Someone gave us a 7-ft fake tree this year... our first tree. :) I think we're putting it up right after Thanksgiving. :D

This is one smack in the face after another!!! It's shameful!!! First, you put up your tree BEFORE thanksgiving..(one of my pet peeves..this sounds like a future blog!!!) THEN you go out and get a fake one!! How British can you get?????

Of course I remember you, Debbie! It's so nice to hear from you!

In your defense, I wanted to put my Christmas tree up this past weekend, too, but my family came most of the day on Saturday so I did not have time. But this upcoming Saturday is Christmas Tree Day at Gayle's house! I already have my Christmas music ready to go!!

Your tree looks awesome, by the way!

Scott, I agree, taking the decorations down is something I'm NOT looking forward to, for sure.

Sarah, I'm glad you guys got a tree, for free! We got ours 75% off, so that's almost free, right? :)

Jerm, didn't you get what I said: we're starting a tradition by breaking THE tradition. There's no rule book saying you can only put up the tree after Thanksgiving. Besides, I'm M'sian, I don't have to do things the "American" way, so get off my back!! :)

Gayle, thanks for defending me and for dropping by! You have fun with putting up decorations this weekend. It's good to see you. :)

Debbie,
We love your Christmas tree and especially the people that put it up!
Adron, Mom and Dad

thats it! I'm blogging!!

www.jeremiahlee.blogspot.com

I think you could make up for it all by having turkey, pilgrim, and pumpkin-shaped christmas ornaments.

I love our fake tree. Our yearly tradition is watching my Mom nag my Dad to put it up and then tell him he's putting it together all wrong. Then he says, "Well Jane, why don't you put it together?"

Love is a many splendored thing.

Post a Comment