« Home | Getting Back Into The Groove » | Pictures from the Week » | Road Block » | Tough Nut » | Birthdays and Such » | All In One » | A Sleeping Phenomenon » | Curse of the Phone » | Let's Take A Moment... » | Blog for the Sake of Blogging »

I Need Help

I'm tired of feeling tired. What's my deal? I'm having trouble falling asleep, and this has been a problem for the last month or so. I've been trying to keep myself in a routine: waking up early and going to bed early, but doesn't work when my brain insists on being so wired at night. I try falling asleep while watching TV, but I think that's been doing more harm than good because I end up being glued to it while watching something really interesting.

It's truly annoying how wired my mind gets. I'm a pondering person and I think a lot, sometimes overanalyzing. But must I do it even while I'm trying to sleep? It's like my body has no control over my mind and it keeps going and going. I kick and scream, I protest, I do whatever I can to stop, but it has a mind of its own and it's driving me insane. The worse thing is when a song keeps playing in my head over and over again; a particular song that I might have listen to that day and somehow got stuck in my head for the rest of the day. It gets freaker when the song even plays repeatedly in my dreams when I finally fall asleep. I know this because this happened to me last night, and it wasn't the first time either. With all these craziness going on, I wake up in the morning feeling more exhausted than I was yesterday. Insomniac, perhaps? Or am I truly going insane? Either way, I need help, and if you have any suggestion for me to be able to fall asleep or to sleep better in general, bring it on.

(On a random note, I'm thrilled that this entry marks my 100th post!! Hey, I have to be excited about something, right?)

i think its those games. zuma has gotten to you. find something to occupy your mind!!!!

The thing is I haven't played Zuma since you left!! So that can't be it...

Try Valerian Root - you can get it in capsules at Walmart. I take 3 when I can't sleep. It relaxes your body. I just take them when I need to calm down. But I have a lot of sleepless nights cause my mind is racing. . .it's terrible!

You really do look kinda pale.. and what's up with the purple hair?

Maybe you could try drinking some soothing herbal tea (chamomile?) before bedtime?

I hope you get some sleep too... I know the feeling, truly.

Congrats on your 100th post! You have really been dedicated.

Debbie,
There was a time when I I'm still a big night owl sometimes and have to make myself go to bed. I think that you need to try something relaxing before going to bed, because when I was in movement class at ACU, we learned that the body holds a lot of tension even when it's asleep--especially if you don't relax first. Try yoga or another relaxation technique. Or read something boring. That always makes me sleepy.

hope it helps!

p.s. also, if you eat before bed...that makes you dream weird.

Heather, thanks for the tip! I usually try not to eat right before bed. Heard that you need to leave at least a 3-hour span from dinner through bed time. And as for reading, I'm not a huge reader to begin with, but looks like I should really try this out.

By the way, I absolutely love your headshot. You look so beautiful, like a movie star!! :) We miss ya at Skillman so much.

Debbie,
WAs last night a better sleep?
Read a children's book, like Anne of Green Gables. Gives you sweet dreams.
Thanks for liking my headshot! I hope to come home in a week or two. Would've come home this weekend, but my parents aren't even there! They keep going to my see family members in other places.

Post a Comment