« Home | Blog for the Sake of Blogging » | The Big Seven » | Heart of Gold » | Summer Cold » | Nothing But Them » | Tag, I'm It..Again!! » | Katrina » | 48th Birthday » | The Aftermath of Thursdays » | One Year Ago »

Let's Take A Moment...

I just want to take a little time away to honor a young family. Tons of people are hurting right now because of Hurricane Katrina and very soon from the upcoming Hurricane Rita. And this post is by no means taking away the importance of those current situations. But I would like to stop for a moment and acknowledge, again, the hurt of another family closer to home, at least to Josue's and mine.

I wrote on my blog awhile back about Baby Ira Hays, the son of my friend Joe Hays who was born with a Diaphragmatic Hernia in April. It's September and Ira is still in the NICU in New York. Who knows when he'll get to go home with his parents and bigger sister, Sophia, and who knows how long he'll have to struggle with this condition. Only God knows, and thankfully His hands continue to protect this precious little baby.

I just wanted us to not forget about the Hays family. Their struggle has been an inspiration to many because of their remarkable strength and faith through this long ordeal. I can only imagine their pain. And they still need our thoughts, prayers and support. In fact, some friends of theirs have started a donation for Ira by distributing green wristbands to raise money for his hospital expenses. There is also a video of Ira posted on the Hays' family blog for all to see. It's a definite tear-jerker, but nonetheless a beautiful picture to behold.

Our hearts continue to go out to Joe, Laura, Sophia and baby Ira.

Thanks for the update. I can't even imagine...

Post a Comment