« Home | Curse of the Phone » | Let's Take A Moment... » | Blog for the Sake of Blogging » | The Big Seven » | Heart of Gold » | Summer Cold » | Nothing But Them » | Tag, I'm It..Again!! » | Katrina » | 48th Birthday »

A Sleeping Phenomenon


One of the scariest moments for me that I've discovered lately is when I find myself 'paralyzed' in my sleep. You know what I'm talking about?! It usually happens either during my most realistic dreams or when I feel I'm not really in a deep sleep. Either way I feel I'm semi-conscious. Something dramatic usually happens in my dream which then causes me to want to move a certain part of my body in a certain way, as a form of reaction to that situation. But then I discover that I can't move. My mind says to move, but my body can't react in any way whatsoever. And let me tell you, that is a scary feeling because it feels so real. A conscious mind in a paralyzed body.

Apparently this is known to be as sleep paralyzation. A few days ago I heard something over the radio when the oh-so-famous Dr. Phil was asked about this strange phenomenon. He said that when one experiences this, it's usually because he/she is experiencing anxiety or feeling guilty about something. Hmm...anxiety perhaps. But I don't know about the feeling guilty part. I haven't killed anyone, or stolen anything, or done anything major of that sort. Whatever this is, I don't enjoy it one bit at all.

Anyone experiencing this too?

I have had those dreams before. It's really freaky! But I know what you're talking about. Usually it's when I'm extremely tired or stressed.

you guys are out of your minds!! serious!

Post a Comment