« Home | Let's Take A Moment... » | Blog for the Sake of Blogging » | The Big Seven » | Heart of Gold » | Summer Cold » | Nothing But Them » | Tag, I'm It..Again!! » | Katrina » | 48th Birthday » | The Aftermath of Thursdays »

Curse of the Phone

I don't know about you guys, but I'm not a phone-person. Notice how I hardly (actually never) call you just to chat? I have no particular reason as to why I don't, I just don't. Thankfully, many of my friends don't hold this against me (at least not that I currently know of!). The funny thing is most of my best buddies are so far away, you'd think I'd spend time keeping in touch with them by making the effort to dial my cellphone and call. Nope, certainly not in my case. And yes, occasionally I'd think about it and feel bad, but that's the extent of that. The only people that I'd take the time talking over the phone these days are my parents.

I believe this has always been a part of my nature and thus, affect the way I make friends, or actually the KIND of friends I make. Many of them are 'low maintenance', meaning they don't constantly rely on me to keep in contact with them, but rather willingly accept the occasional greeting, which is mostly by email these days, or by text messaging. And when we do meet up in person, we can just pick up from where we last left. Nothing too complicating, just good 'ol friendship. And I like that a lot.

So to those of you who wish you'd get an occasional phone call from me, I apologize for being a terrible friend, but please don't count on me to do so. =)

You're my kind of friend! Ha ha. I'm a lot like that too - even thought I do like to talk to my friends on the phone once in awhile.

Hahaha...that's funny Scott. Does Kyna know all this?!

Yes - I know this! He would be out of town and we wouldn't talk all day and he would be good with a 5 minute talk! I MISSED HIM - that's all!!!! :)

You married people are so weird. I remember when my sister and kevin were ALWAYS. on the phone, even if he was down the street about to pull up to the drive way, and they'd just be talkin about...I dunno, the weather?

Um, yeah, I don't talk to you on the phone much... Makes sense. I don't talk to much of anyone on the phone much. The only time I do is when ho-sway's phone's not working, which is more often than not. Slam!

I'm totally like that! I feel really bad about it too. The only person I talk to regularly on the phone is my sister. Oh, and Kevin on the cell phone :)

How interesting!

Post a Comment