« Home | Tough Nut » | Birthdays and Such » | All In One » | A Sleeping Phenomenon » | Curse of the Phone » | Let's Take A Moment... » | Blog for the Sake of Blogging » | The Big Seven » | Heart of Gold » | Summer Cold »

Road Block


I promise I'm fine. I just haven't had much to say, or perhaps too much to say. And I think there's more to life than just blogging, of course. Life is busy for us, the usual, but nonetheless wonderful. We have so much to be thankful for. Things aren't always peachy (otherwise we wouldn't be normal) but we're definitely more blessed than many others. So much going on around the world, and unfortunately there are usually the bad things: terrible earthquake in Pakistan, India and Afghanistan, mudslides in Guatemala and some parts of Mexico due to Hurricane Stan, and of course the continual recovery for those affected by Hurricanes Katrina and Rita. Not forgetting the war in Iraq. Quite depressing and heart-wrenching, I'd say!

With that aside, our household is slightly less-dramatic than the rest of the world, and we like it that way. Keeps us sane when we are bombarded by these kinds of news daily. We've had our fair share of football games (on TV, that is), ice-hockey game (this we saw in person), reunion with friends, dinner appointments, movies, church-related activities etc. Oh yes, and we still do work. And I'm doing the 'girly' thing most of the day today. I'll be cooking, baking and prepping for when we celebrate this evening with 2 good friends who are getting married in December and they're bringing their significant others to join us and some other friends for a shindig.

So I promise, I'll definitely have more to blog later. It's just the occasional road block, or blog block, I guess.