« Home | The Villarreal's Update » | What Am I Defined As? » | Greetings from Chicago! » | Happy Early Birthday Tim! » | Happy Chinese New Year! » | Guess What I Did Yesterday?? » | 27 Is Just A Number » | Yet Another Countdown » | Counting Down » | My New Bestfriend »

The Ugly Truth About Me

Josue and I have been busy preparing for Becca's visit. She has never seen us since we got married and has never visited us at our apartment. It is really important to us that she has the absolute perfect and comfortable stay. So we have basically been 'reinventing' the guestroom (for like the 100th time), trying to make it more cozy especially in time for Becca's arrival. We even bought 2 beautiful antique-like dressers from IKEA to add on to the room (actually one of them might end up being in our room after Becca leaves). Anyway, while we were going through this makeover process, Josue thought it would be a nice gesture to move the TV from our bedroom into the guestroom for Becca. Mind you, he's really wanting to impress Becca, and I really appreciate him wanting to be a good host and all.

But hold up, he was talking about THE TV--the 'ol faithful from our bedroom, the one that I watch almost every night while I snuggle nicely in bed. It was my reaction to this request that surprised not only Josue, but even myself. I'm usually very good about not getting attached to physical things. For the most part, I'm low-maintanence and I'm not possessive about many things. With the issue of the TV though, I found myself putting up a tantrum like of a 5 year-old and her precious Barbie doll. Adulthood went straight out the window. I pouted, cried, stomped around and whined for as long as it took all weekend for Josue to finally drop the idea yesterday. It was ugly and surprisingly rather pathetic on my part, but more importantly my hubby thought it was the funniest and cutest thing ever. Yeah, I'm so sure.