« Home | Cinco de Mayo » | Arena Football » | Just A Little Bit » | Still Alive » | Softball Season » | No Words, Just Pictures » | Pictures From The Week » | The birthday boy The Villarreal brothers (from le... » | Our adorable little niece, Miranda. Check out tha... » | Update »

Golf? What's That?

This is Vijay Singh. Without putting in much words, many of you already know who he is as I blog this. Apart from Tiger Woods, he is currently one of the best golfers in the PGA Tour in the world.

Now I'm no golfer, nor do I have the slightest interest in this so-called 'sport' (no offense to you golf fans), but I did have the privilege of seeing him in action today. He and I even exchanged eye-contact as he walked past me (while I stood right behind the 'security line' that separated him from common men, i.e. me) right after he putted and moved on to the next hole. It was quite a cool moment. I can add Mr. Singh to my list of celebrity-sightings in my lifetime and say that I was THIS CLOSE to him.

Thanks to our friends from church who have all the connections in the world, we got special tickets to the Byron Nelson Championship that is part of the PGA Tour which landed in Irving this weekend. We went in for free, parked within walking distance of the golf course for free and after spending almost half of the day there, also got a nice tan for free. It was overall a very fun outing. However, despite the opportunity to see many top-notch golfers in action today (just shy of Tiger Woods), I still have to say that golf is just not my thing. Sorry!

I love Vijay. He is fun to watch. That is cool that you were that close! Hope you enjoyed the tournament.

debbie did you take that picture? If so, Josue, you better watch it pal. Look at the way he's smiling at debbie...

Vijay-- what a cool name!
Isn't that what they call Video Jockey?

Jeremy, no, I didn't take the picture. They didn't allow cameras in. It's all thanks to Google Images.

Heather, you're too funny. I guess I take that name for granted because Vijay is a common name in Malaysia among the Indian community. Speaking of which, according to my mom, Vijay's wife is Malaysian. :)

Post a Comment