« Home | Here's To Proof It! » | Our New Baby! » | Golf? What's That? » | Cinco de Mayo » | Arena Football » | Just A Little Bit » | Still Alive » | Softball Season » | No Words, Just Pictures » | Pictures From The Week »

Summer Aspirations


As summer is just around the corner, I'm starting to think of all the different things I aspire to accomplish within the next 3 or 4 months. It's not like I have been sitting around all day thinking up a list, so I'm going to try my shot here. Mind you, these are things I ASPIRE to do, many of which might not even be done. So no need to hold me accountable to everything. It just takes the unnecessary pressure off me.

Anyway, here goes:

1. Consistently play more tennis despite the heat.
2. Lose 10 pounds as a result of that. (I'm unsure about this one, but what the heck, it's worth the try)
3. Help more people. (Don't know how, but I'm sure the need to help will come around)
4. Have more random dates with my sweet hubby.
5. Try out more recipes from the gazillion new cookbooks that I have.
6. Go to the beach.
7. Swim more.
8. Visit with friends around the metroplex area whom we don't regularly talk to or see.
9. Staying tune to the World Cup.
10. Being what God wants me to be to the kids during our week-long mission trip to New Orleans. (This one is definitely not an option to back out on)
11. Catch up with "Lost" and watch all the previous episodes we've missed.
12. Move into a house.
13. Read a book or 2, particularly "The Chronicles of Narnia". (This is a huge deal, considering I'm not a reader)
14. Try and figure out all these insurance stuff at work. (I'm struggling to keep up with all that Josue is doing plus my own responsibilities. Insurance is confusing anyway)
15. Invite our fellow work colleagues and their significant others over for dinner.
16. Work on my photo scrapbook.
17. Prepare for my parents' visit. (Already starting to do that, and am very excited!)
18. Get graduation presents for my brother (graduated 2 weeks ago) and my sis-in-law (will graduate in August).
19. Get a haircut, hopefully a new hairstyle this time. (Any recommendations or suggestions, girls?)
20. Ride the DART bus.

I'm sure I'll have more to add to this list. For now, I'll keep it to 20. Remind me to look back at this list at the end of the summer. It'll be interesting to see which all I'd have accomplished by then. :)

What are you aspiring to do this summer? Do share.

Do we include those friends around the metroplex you don't regularly see and talk to? You're moving?!?!?! Why read the book when you can see the movie?? (we have both! I haven't read it - but I've watched it twice. . .now if I can get Scott to read it!) Scrapbooking? Come do it with me cause I need to do that too. . .just don't have the motivation to do it.

If you end up going to the beach you should come and stay with us. We live in BAYtown so you could stay here and go to the beach for the day!

hey, what happened to "visit jeremy in colorado???" whatdya need, free passes???

hey heres a good one for your list.

-sleep under the stars

Kyna, it was great having lunch with you today! Looks like I've somewhat accomplished one thing on my list, haha...nah, we'll be calling you guys again soon to hang out at some point. Perhaps for scrapbooking or something, just don't tell the boys. :)

Jacquie, Baytown is close to Houston, right? I've never been to Houston, or that part of the coast of Texas. Will let you know if we decide to go down there for a visit. Thanks for the offer! :)

Jeremy, you're right, visiting you should be on the list too, but yes, I'd need some free passes in order to do that. We're pretty broke, with the new car and such. :)

And no, driving the car to Colorado can't be an option because it's too soon to add too much mileage on the car, per the hubby...haha...

You're getting a house?!!! How exciting!!! First a car then a house?! What next... ;)

You had a good idea... I might make a list too.

I didn't mean to say that I was trying to get Scott to read Narnia - I meant watch it. He doesn't like movies with talking animals. Heck - if I can't get him to watch the movie. . .you really think I'm going to get him to READ the darn thing?!?!?

I agree with 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 9.

I can specifically help on 1, 2, 9. I can swim too or eat the food you'll be cooking.

I can even have more random dates with your sweet hubby.

Okay, that went a little too far...

Sarah, we're just thinking about renting a house, not buying one, at least not yet.

Thanks for volunteering help, guys! I'm sure you will all be called at some point, be it for eating or for sporting purposes. :)

I'm planning on finding a job, getting enrolled in dance at Richland college, and dating ten guys all at the same time!

Post a Comment