« Home | Hola from Brownsville Texas! » | Blah blah blah » | Time Change » | Check out these ducks that somehow wandered and hu... » | The Birthday Boy (or young man, really) » | My Monday » | Our Easter weekend » | Bye Bye Mini!! » | Tuesday Night Dinner » | My 1st Blood Donation Experience »

The Morning After...

Ugh, I almost feel like I'm having a hangover and I didn't even drink a drop of alcohol last night! My body is sore and I'm so exhausted. Didn't even realize how late I had slept in this morning. Josue was so sweet, he didn't have the heart to wake me up, so I had slept through. Needless to say the trip really wore me out. It was truly an adventurous weekend, I can say that much. With the Lord's protective hands, we safely got back to Dallas with the load still entirely intact. The whole couch set came in 3 pieces, and we also moved back an additional entertainment center and a desk for our office at home which needs to be assembled together from a box. The load filled up the whole truck space and completely covered the driver's blindspot while driving. So 3 of us had to take turns to be the driver's eyes and to make sure that the roads beside and around us were clear whenever we overtook someone on the highway. We truly had to work as a team. It was a miracle that we made it to Abilene (we had to drop Ernesto back at ACU) because we were getting really edgy with each other. I know I was ready to kill myself (or someone of that matter!) because of the tight squeeze. Yikes. On top of that, we had already been behind schedule, so I wasn't too happy about that either. Thankfully by the time we got back to Dallas, we had Robert (good friend from Skillman) and Gideon (our neighbor) who were ready to help us move the furniture and we were done in less than half an hour. You should come check out our place sometime. We actually have a proper living room for people to comfortable sit around now and not the former ghetto version! Hehe...

I'm just hanging out at home right now relaxing while my hubby is determined to finish painting the entertainment center that we moved over. It's going to be mahogany and it'll match the shelves in our bedroom. The TV in our room needs a new place to stand on, so the e.c. arrived at the right time. We are truly blessed by Josue's parents with our furniture. Our place is gradually looking like home for us. These will all do for now until we can purchase an entirely new set later. In the meantime, we are liking our new and improved living room. =)

Glad you made it home safely and without breaking any laws between killing someone and crashing into someone!!! Love ya

Post a Comment