« Home | The Side Effects of Moving » | Questions for The Juice! » | Question/Answer Time by Sarah » | A Random Thought... » | Question/Answer Time by Kyna » | Wonder Voyage 2005 » | Silence For A Week » | More Pictures of Home » | This is the Tambun Hot Springs. Yet another place ... » | This is a Buddhist temple built and situated in a ... »

Baby Blues? I Don't Think So...

In case you don't already know this about me, I love babies and toddlers. They are the most hilarious and unpredictable 'creatures' alive, and they usually bring an abundance of joy to everyone who come across them (parents don't count). As much as I enjoy being with little people though, I have yet to feel the need to start having some myself. I don't feel any motherly urge, and I don't think my biological clock is ticking itself away too quickly. Good grief, Josue and I are constantly surrounded by little ones. We have enjoyed getting to know our niece Miranda who turns one next month. At church we have our buddies Nathan and Macey whose son Adron is one of the most adorable and happiest baby to play with. Tim and Hillery just gave birth to their first son last week, and the Maya's are expecting a baby next year. These are people whom we hang out with virtually every week, and not counting other little people whom we know and bump into often. You'd think being surrounded by babies has 'inspired' us to think about trying ourselves, but it's been quite the contrary. Josue and I enjoy playing with them and babysitting them for awhile, but once they start showing their 'ugly' sides, that's when we gladly hand them back to their mommies and daddies. *wink*

Sarah and Kyna, I have always respected both of you as 'supermoms' because I know I am not able to handle all that you handle with your kids with much joy and satisfaction as you are right now. It's got to be a gift from the Almighty Himself. AND, I know that kids do come when you least expect it, so anything can happen. In the meantime, Josue and I are happy to just stand back and observe with great admiration for our peers who are parents. =)

Well first of all, I don't handle everything as perfectly as one would think (hehe). Did you know that we weren't planning on having kids for 5-10 yrs? Hah. Anyhow, I have confidence that you and Josue will not only be great parents, but you will (with God's help) create very gorgeous offspring.

---from a biased parent of mixed-heritage offspring. :) :)

Ditto. . .Ditto. . .Ditto

I can't believe your biological clock isn't ticking. Just think about all the poop you can wipe, all the sleep you can lose, all walls you can have "painted" with crayons, all the crying you can hear, and so on an so on. If that doesn't speed up your clock, I don't know what does. Plus, if y'all want to make a baby for us to adopt that would be fine... we ned the latin flavor added in our family... we'd let you see the kid twice before he turns three. (just something y'all might discuss)

oh wow, scott's comment is funny. You know, on some level, I must say that I can relate slightly. See, this weekend alone, I wiped at least two butts and helped clean up used paper towels...used with durian remains. And I was being real good about it all. Ask Kevin. OK so maybe I can't relate THAT much, but during a moment, when my sister was on the phone, I was holding trinity trying to make her not cry, and both boys were out of bed and had to go the bathroom, one was screaming "I DOOONE" (translate: come wipe me) and the other was going on and on about needing to pee. And I couldn't think. I think when you're ready, you're ready. I always figured that if I actually wanted kids (and I got married young) that I wouldn't want kids for awhile to just have that time togther, because it'll never be that way again. Granted, with kids, it could only be better....right people?

~From someone who's neither married nor a parent....

Wow...I'm deeply touched with all these awesome remarks!! =) Scott, you are just too silly...

Post a Comment