« Home | We watched "War of the Worlds" Friday night. It wa... » | Austin and Beyond » | Happy 4th Weekend!! » | "Save Josue's Blog" Campaign » | Baby Blues? I Don't Think So... » | The Side Effects of Moving » | Questions for The Juice! » | Question/Answer Time by Sarah » | A Random Thought... » | Question/Answer Time by Kyna »

50 Things You Never Wanted to Know About Me: Part Uno

I'm following suit alongside a fellow experienced blogger (you know who you are). If you care to read, great. If you don't care, bummer, read it anyway since I'm currently not blogging about anything else...

1. I was born in Malacca, a beachside city in Malaysia. Then I moved with my family to Ipoh when I was about 4 years old.

2. The first 4 years of my life was spent growing up in an old-school beachside flat (or as they say here in America, an apartment), located on the highest floor of the complex. That building still stands until today, or at least when I last checked.

3. I despise pizza, thanks to ACU.

4. I read, write and speak Mandarin, Cantonese and Malay.

5. I have yet to master Spanish.

6. My hubby is mostly my Spanish teacher at the moment.

7. I thought I would live in New York City right after graduation. God obviously had a different plan for me when Josue and I started dating.

8. My middle name is Shan-Shan, which is my Chinese name from birth that my dad gave me. I made it my middle name when I first came to the United States.

9. My first name is officially Deborah, but I never liked it. My Chinese friends used to make fun of that name in school. Don't ask me about it. I don't want to think back to those awful days.

10. My mom's step-father had a mixed heritage of British and Malay.

11. My great-grandmother (also from Mom's side) was from Indonesia, and her ancestors came from as far as Holland.

12. I am a neat freak and I clean constantly (just ask Josue). I also handwash all our dishes, pots and pans after every meal. The dishwasher is just sitting in the kitchen mainly for show.

13. I had a rather boyish childhood, and I feel like I'm still tom-boyish today.

14. I was engaged to someone else before my marriage to Josue. That was a particularly trying time of my young adult life, but it molded me to become a more mature person. I have moved on well since.

15. My dad's father was an immigrant from China. He died when my dad was 12 years old.

16. My first car when I was 16 was a Daihatsu Aura, a 2-door compact and sporty car. I have since yet to own another car, apart from 'inheriting' Josue's.

17. I can't rollarskate, rollarblade or skateboard.

18. One of the many things that I want to do before I die is skydiving.

19. I've bleached my hair once during my time at ACU.

20. I've gotten my ears pierced twice. It didn't work the first time around, so I had to get it pierced again.

More to come....

Cool beans! Very interesting stuff.

I'm actually really surprised that you can't rollerskate, rollerblade or skateboard...you seem real sporty to me. I bet you could do it easily if you tried...

I, on the other hand, don't even pretend that I'm not a wimp. :)

You know, you brought up an interesting fact. I'm surprised myself that I can't those things. I guess I just don't like falling hard on the ground. =)

You may not ever find this because it's so long after you wrote this blog I had to go looking for "El Primer"!
You forgot to say that you read, speak, write in English as well!
love you Deb!
Mel

Post a Comment