« Home | To New Orleans We Go! » | Ouch! » | The Morning After... » | Hola from Brownsville Texas! » | Blah blah blah » | Time Change » | Check out these ducks that somehow wandered and hu... » | The Birthday Boy (or young man, really) » | My Monday » | Our Easter weekend »

Greetings from New Orleans!

Quick update. I'm working on this quick blog from New Orleans. We're actually in Covington at Jeremy's parents' house. Covington is located about an hour north of New Orleans, and it's beautiful out here. Their house looks like a wooden cabin right smack out in the woods. There are tall trees all around the compound and a huge backyard. In fact, we played frisbee last evening after we came home from our outing in the city. Extremely fun!

Anyway, we arrived in Covington after an overnight drive from Dallas at about 7:30 in the a.m. After having breakfast, a few of us took naps. I was completely knocked out for about 2 hours and was glad that I could at least sleep some. Then at about noon, we all drove over to the city to pick Jeremy up from the airport and went to hang out downtown. We just walked around the Bourbon Street area, watched the DragonMaster Showtime, and ate 'beignet' at Cafe Du Mont. I'll explain about the dessert later on. Anyway, we had tons of fun. We ended our time out with dinner at Jeremy's favorite Chinese food restaurant.

I'm about to grab some breakfast while everyone is starting to get up to get ready for church. More to blog later!

Wow, that sounds like so much fun! I'm really fascinated with the New Orleans culture...only been there once though :( Enjoy yourself!

Aside from the smell, it's pretty nice.

I can't believe you beat us up and wrote a blog! Wish I had thought of that!

Post a Comment