« Home | One more thing... » | This and That » | Baby Ira's Recovery » | Senseless Emotions » | Titleless Blog Entry for Monday » | New Orleans Part II » | Oops! » | New Orleans Part Uno » | This is me holding a live crawfish before it joine... » | Greetings from New Orleans! »

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!

I guess I'm supposed to greet everyone Happy Cinco de Mayo! Hehe...Out of the blue this morning my hubby suggested we have an impromptu CDM party at our place tonight with our usual 'gang'. Afterall, the Mavs and the Rockets are also playing against each other this evening and the guys will definitely be watching the game. I'm usually not a huge fan of last-minute plans or decisions, but I think this will be fun. We plan to have 'fajitas' as the main course. Yum!

Tomorrow morning Josue and I will leave for Abilene to attend our friend Erica's (among many others') graduation at ACU on Saturday afternoon. And we'll get to visit my brother Aaron and sis-in-law Elizabeth for a short while. We will have to travel back sometime Saturday evening with Ernesto (Josue's younger brother from ACU) and get back on time to meet up with Josue's grandparents from Brownsville. They will be spending Saturday and Sunday night at our apartment. Yea, this has been making me somewhat nervous. I don't know why. I've been cleaning our apartment all day like a crazy woman, making sure that everything is spick and span for them.

I received yet another shower invitation in the mail today. I'm losing count of the number of people we know who are getting married this summer. Don't get me wrong, it's wonderful and all, but there's this and that bridal shower, this and that bachelorette party, this and that wedding etc. I can't keep up! And I don't know about you all, but our pocket book also hurts with us during this time. I love and enjoy giving gifts to my friends who are getting married, but it can take a financial toil at times, especially when they come all at once. This is merely an 'observation' of mine, and am in no way complaining. Our friends mean the world to us and we are absolutely thrilled about their weddings and the commitments that they are making with their significant others. Josue and I were truly blessed when we were showered with gifts, prayers and tons of help during our wedding, so we would want to render the same kindness and happiness to our friends. I just need pinch myself in the face and remind myself of that from time to time!

Hey Debbie, ever heard of recycling gifts? Hahaha j/k I have to admit to having done that a time or two, though...it IS hard when everybody gets married and has babies all at once!

Post a Comment