« Home | The Weekend » | Happy Cinco de Mayo!!! » | One more thing... » | This and That » | Baby Ira's Recovery » | Senseless Emotions » | Titleless Blog Entry for Monday » | New Orleans Part II » | Oops! » | New Orleans Part Uno »

A Tribute to the Friends Class

This blog entry is a tribute that I want to give to some wonderful people. I would just like to say how much I honor and love my church family, especially the young people's group called the Friends Class who meet every Sunday morning, and every other free time that they can get together. We had received news this morning that one of our regular visitor was going through a particular crisis that resulted in her extended family members having to be at Parkland Hospital to attend to another family member warded at ICU. I was approached by Lisa (who has been the one who fervently brings this regular visitor to Skillman) to help organize meal deliveries/hospital visits for the rest of the week. Since this was such short notice, I wasn't sure if we could successfully pull this, especially for tonight's meal delivery. With a few 'magical' phone calls and emails, I had immediate responses from people who offered to bring food and drinks and more. In just about an hour or so, I had received enough feedback to help cover the rest of the week! This might sound mundane to some people, but I was personally so touched by the love that my spiritual family had for strangers (among many others); people whom we weren't even directly linked to and who weren't even asking for help. They saw it as the perfect immediate opportunity to serve and to be witnesses of Christ to this family. This isn't the first time that such a thing has happened, they have continued to do this time and time again. Josue and I truly feel blessed to be a part of this family. We are inspired by them to be more and more like Christ every day. Praise God for them!