« Home | Happy Cinco de Mayo!!! » | One more thing... » | This and That » | Baby Ira's Recovery » | Senseless Emotions » | Titleless Blog Entry for Monday » | New Orleans Part II » | Oops! » | New Orleans Part Uno » | This is me holding a live crawfish before it joine... »

The Weekend

I'm missing my mommy...=( Yea, yea, it's Mothers' Day today and thus a special day to honor your wonderful mothers. For me, I've been gone from home for the last 6 Mother's Days, and haven't been close enough to where I could just make it up to my mom, say like visiting her or doing something for her the next weekend or something. I haven't had that privillege in a LONG time. Distance really makes the heart grow fonder and I know I truly miss both my parents at ALL times, not just the special days. So don't just honor your mom (and your dad, of course) on this one particular day, but love her and respect her everyday like as if it was your last opportunity to do so. (Have you called your mom today??)

So much for my sappy moment. We returned from our overnight trip to Abilene last night. We had a great visit with my brother and sis-in-law whom we don't see often. We also went there for ACU's graduation, particularly for our friend Erica. Well, we showed up for the reception (skipped the long ceremony), met up with some other friends of ours who were graduating, but didn't even get to see Erica all day! She apparently disappeared right after the ceremony and wasn't even around for the reception afterwards. Josue and I couldn't believe it; we were there mainly because of her, even had a graduation present in my hand ready to give to her. But no sight of Erica, and she wasn't answering her cell phone either. What's up with that?! So we left rather confused and disappointed. It was nice to meet up with other friends, but we had prepared ourselves that it was going to be all about Erica and her special day! Sigh...Didn't know what the deal was with all that mess, so we just left after failing to find her, picked up Ernesto and drove back to Dallas. Ha, it so happened that she left a message on my phone while at church this morning, saying that she was actually in the DFW area and was wanting to meet up either today or tomorrow. We're gonna have to find out from her personally the source to her unexpected disappearance! Aiya...

Hey, at least the Mavs won last night. Woo hoo!!!!!

My Mommy lives near your Mommy! Very faaaaar away. Boo Hoooooo :) But yes, I did call her.

My mommy lives near your mommy too!!! This is the second year I have been away from my mom!!!! :(

Yea to us! We're all in this together....=)

Wow, all our mommies live in the same place. (practically.) This is kinda funny. :D

Post a Comment