« Home | Who...Me? » | My New Car.... » | 50 Things You Never Wanted To Know About Me: Part ... » | 50 Things You Never Wanted to Know About Me: Part Uno » | We watched "War of the Worlds" Friday night. It wa... » | Austin and Beyond » | Happy 4th Weekend!! » | "Save Josue's Blog" Campaign » | Baby Blues? I Don't Think So... » | The Side Effects of Moving »

God's Cooking


Almost all of you know by now that I absolutely love anything to do with culinary. And no, I didn't start cooking when I got married, but actually way before then. I believe I inherited this art from my sweet mom, who is still one of the best cooks I know. Lately I feel that cooking isn't just a work of art but also more of a service that I love to do for others. I always look forward to Tuesday Night Dinners (TNDs) when it's my turn to cook for my friends. I also always try and offer to cook for others when I know they can't because of different reasons. And just today one of my friends finally took up my offer and I made dinner for her and 5 other intern friends of hers at the hospital where they are interning. They work so hard, stay up late at the hospital and therefore hardly can afford a home-cooked meal. So seeing the smiles on their faces today and the contentment that they felt in their tummies made me very happy and thrilled that I could be of service to others through my culinary skill. Most people might not understand this, but I truly praise God for this opportunity in which I can start up some sort of ministry with my own 'style'.

As a side note, if any of you need a break from cooking or would just like for me to cook for you or your friends some time, you know who to ask! =)

*And this has been yet another very random blog...*

That is so neat to have a gift and love to use it like that. :) Cooking for others is SO not my gift...it totally stresses me out! I'm glad there're sweet people like you out there...

What kind of cuisine do you most often cook for others?

you can always cook for me! i hate to cook. . .actually it's not the cooking i hate, it's the cleaning up. . .

Sarah, I actually have been trying different kinds of cuisines like Italian, Greek, Asian and the more 'American' ones. I'm quite bold and adventurous, and also depending on the crowd that I'm serving, I'll decide what to do.
Kyna, I agree that the cleaning up is the sucky part, but I find that if you clean as you go, it's not that bad at the end.

um....can you teach ME how to cook? I'm. So. Braindead in that area. Seriously, we need to get together one of these days. I think it's awesome that you're using something you love and creating selfless acts of service out of them.

Post a Comment