« Home | 50 Things You Never Wanted To Know About Me: Finale » | God's Cooking » | Who...Me? » | My New Car.... » | 50 Things You Never Wanted To Know About Me: Part ... » | 50 Things You Never Wanted to Know About Me: Part Uno » | We watched "War of the Worlds" Friday night. It wa... » | Austin and Beyond » | Happy 4th Weekend!! » | "Save Josue's Blog" Campaign »

..Through Sickness and In Health...


I didn't think old age would come around so quickly. My husband is acting like he's ancient. Nah, I'm really just teasing him. Sorry babe! He hurt himself playing tennis on Saturday morning, and since then we've been struggling with his injured lower back. It's so bad to the point where he can't even stand up straight and is constantly walking around hunching over. Walking has become a huge chore for him, so he has to remain either lying down or sitting laid back. We are hoping and praying that this goes away within the week, otherwise the doctor's visit it is. My new nickname for my hubby is the Hunchback of Notre Dame.

All in all, life is a little different for us this week since the starting of his injury. We've been sleeping in seperate bedrooms because Josue needs the full space of our bed in order to rest well at night (we have a queen-size bed). He can't go anywhere, so I'm running all the errands. Well, that isn't much of a difference since I usually do that on a regular basis. I get whatever he needs and take everything to him since he can't move around much. He's using the Icy/Hot Patch for his back for some relief, so I change that for him every few hours. That in itself is a painful process for him. Ugh. And he hasn't been able to work much since he can't even drive out to meet clients. He's so frustrated to the point where we're thinking about borrowing a wheelchair from church so that he can use it and at least get around for the next few days. Of course, we are praying that this isn't going to be long-term because we want him to get well quick. Whatever this pain that is causing him grief, we want it to GO AWAY!!

Ouch! That doesn't sound like fun. :( I'm sorry, and we'll be keeping him in our prayers!

Although in another language (Portuguese): I'll also hope that your husband gets better! Take an advice: don't spoil him to much, otherwise I’ll get sick more often then wishful...
Belive me, I've been there!

Thanks for reading my blog, "Boleias"! Look forward to seeing you around again.

I hope he's feeling better. Sorry to hear you have a crippled hubby.

Go to the library (or Borders) and check out a book titled "Treating Your own Back" by Robin McKenzie (might be MacKenzie). Simple exercises, great knowledge, big improvements.

pain only means he is getting better.

Post a Comment