« Home | "Zhong Wen" » | Josue's Back! » | ..Through Sickness and In Health... » | 50 Things You Never Wanted To Know About Me: Finale » | God's Cooking » | Who...Me? » | My New Car.... » | 50 Things You Never Wanted To Know About Me: Part ... » | 50 Things You Never Wanted to Know About Me: Part Uno » | We watched "War of the Worlds" Friday night. It wa... »

All The Latest Happenin's


This past weekend has gone by so quickly, but in a good way. We are SO thankful that Josue's back has been improving, otherwise we wouldn't have accomplished much. We've had all kinds of errands to finish, family members to catch up with and some traveling, all in which I'll give slightly more details later.

The latest excitement in my life is none other than IKEA (Swedish furniture store). I know, it's rather pathetic to say that. It's one of my passions, one of my favourite places to go and be. I grew up an IKEA child. I've waited for a LONG time for IKEA to finally open up here in North Texas. So on Saturday, my sweet hubby drove me up to Frisco, stood in line with me under the hot weather just to get through a man-made maze to reach the entrance, and fought crowds inside for about an hour and a half while window shopping. We were determined to leave that place productive, so we actually found some really nice curtains for our guestroom, a cool notebook carrying case and some adorable ice-trays. Debbie is a happy camper! *Sorry Tim, we (or should I say, I) couldn't bear the wait. But we'd be more than happy to go there again with you. =)*

After visiting the great world of IKEA, we met up with Josue's brother Ernesto, and the youth group that he had been interning with all summer, at the Rangers' game at the Arlington Ballpark. That was extremely fun, right up until the rain started pouring on us! Ernesto then spent the night with us in Dallas, went to church with us the next morning and all 3 of us traveled to Abilene to drop him off at Abilene Christian University. While there, we caught up with my brother Aaron and my sis-in-law Elizabeth and visited overnight with them. Hadn't seen them all summer, so this was a short but nice visit.

On a slightly sadder note, my grandfather back in Malaysia isn't doing well. He was suddenly admitted into the hospital on Sunday after fainting. We were in a way glad that this happened while he was in the company of other relatives and not when he was alone at home. He lives in another city away from my parents, so they are only able to travel there this weekend to check on his condition with the doctors and make other arrangements. Everything is very unclear now in regards to his condition because the doctors are having a hard time explaining everything to the relatives since they are all Chinese speakers and don't know much of any other language. So my parents are having to travel there so that they can talk to the doctors themselves. Ugh, stressful on everyone. Please pray.

I love IKEA too! I've been seeing IKEA billboards all over FW and I've been telling Kevin we need to go there!

Of course, I'm more of a Pottery Barn girl myself, but WHO CAN AFFORD IT???? Only Kyna. Lol just kidding.

We'll be keeping your grandfather in our prayers.

I CAN'T AFFORD POTTERY BARN!!! I wish I could though! :(

Sounds like you had just as busy a weekend as we did!

Post a Comment